Vegan Multigrain Protein Theplas
Calories – 50 kcal per Thepla
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 scoop Origin Nutrition Vegan Protein (Unflavoured)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flaxseed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 cup methi leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 3 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Water if required
- Begin by combining all the ingredients except the yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add the coconut yoghurt to the dry mixture and knead till it forms a smooth pliable dough. Pour a little water in the dough if required.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to the dough and knead once more till firm. Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat your roti tawa. Divide the theplas into 5 balls. Flatten them, sprinkle with some wholewheat flour and roll out into thin circles.
- Once your tawa is hot, place the theplas on it. When small air pockets tart to appear, flip the thepla and smear a little oil on it. Flip to the other side and do the same. Remove from heat once cooked. Repeat the process for all the remaining theplas. Stack them together so that they don’t dry out and serve.