Cajun High-Protein Black Beans & Rice
Calories – 400 kcal per serving
- 300 grams dry black kidney beans, soaked overnight
- 1 scoop Origin Nutrition Unflavoured Vegan Protein
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 litre of water
- brown rice to serve
- Add oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, capsicum and celery. Cook until vegetables have softened. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in hot sauce, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper; stir to evenly coat the vegetables in the spices. Cook for another minute.
- Pour in kidney beans, bay leaves and water. Once it comes to a boil, cover and lower heat. Simmer for 1 and a half hours. Remove lid and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- When it is ready, remove from heat. Scoop about 1/4 of the beans in a blender or food processor. Add in Origin Nutrition Unflavoured Vegan Protein and blend until smooth. Return to the rest of the mixture and mix everything together. Serve with rice.