1 cup AP flour
1/4 cup Coffee Caramel Origin Protein powder
1/6 cup brown sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Soy Milk
1/3 cup mashed Banana
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Lemon juice
A pinch of salt
- Mix your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, protein powder and salt.
- In a different bowl, mix the wet ingredients: to a cup of soy milk, add lime juice, and the oil.
- To the the wet ingredients add the mashed banana and mix. I found that pureed banana(puréed in a mixer/grinder) works best. Mashed banana consists of lumps which I personally do not prefer.
- To the dry ingredients, add the wet mixture slowly. Different brands have different consistency of soy milk. So depending on the type of milk you are using, you might need less than a cup or more than a cup to achieve a pancake batter consistency.
- Once the dry and wet ingredients are mixed well, keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Ready you non stick pan. Heat it well, add 1/4 tsp of oil, spread it around the pan and wipe the excess oil with a tissue. This ensures that perfectly baked pancake bottom.
- On medium heat, Add 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle some water on the side and cover the pan with a lid.
- 1min 20 seconds later the pancake should form bubbles around the edges and some on top. At that moment, flip and wait for another 90 seconds to cook the other side
- Cool the pancakes completely before spreading chocolate or anko (red bean jam) between two pancakes.
- Serve and enjoy.